Adventist Health System Cancer Registry Coordinator Full-Time Days in TAVARES, Florida
Florida Hospital Waterman
Florida Hospital Waterman is a career destination for individuals who feel a calling to help fulfill our mission of providing whole-person care that is highly compassionate and clinically first-rate. Drawn by that mission, team members also appreciate our state-of-the-art hospital, which is strikingly situated on a lovely lakeside campus, approximately 1 hour Northwest of Orlando. In August 2003, the hospital opened the doors of this replacement facility on Hwy 441 in Tavares. The 450,000 square foot, 269-bed acute care facility offers the latest in medical technology. Each patient room is private, and the uniquely designed "clover leaf" patient care units consist of 60 beds per floor. The Emergency Department is sized to accommodate up to 60,000 visits per year.
Florida Hospital Waterman is committed to meeting our region's growing need for advanced comprehensive cardiac care. As part of that commitment, we are expanding our range of services to include interventional cardiology and open heart surgery services. At Florida Hospital Waterman, you'll enjoy a satisfying career and lifestyle as you help carry out our vital mission. We invite you to join our team!
GENERAL SUMMARY :
The Cancer Registry Coordinator coordinates and monitors all Cancer Registry functions, including case-finding, case abstracting, follow-up, data entry, state and all other required data reporting, quality control and cancer conferences (tumor board). The Coordinator plays an integral role in American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer survey activities. The Coordinator supervises registry personnel for accuracy and adherence to production deadlines as required by state and cancer program accrediting bodies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Participates in an environment which ensures quality work, group morale and is conducive to keeping effective lines of communication.
· Capable of handling various aspects of the job simultaneously while maintaining a calm outward appearance.
· Possesses/demonstrates knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment and method of activation.
· Coordinates the activities and monitors compliance for reporting cancer-related data to the National Cancer Database (NCDB) and Florida Cancer Data System (FCDS).
· Abstraction and submission of cancer cases according to American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and FCDS requirements.
· Performs appropriate research and provides accurate statistical data response to Cancer Registry inquiries.
· Coordinate activities related to Cancer Conference, including, but not limited to, publishing meeting calendar, agenda and conference room preparation, gathering case presentation data, forwarding case data requests to Diagnostic Services and Pathology, physician attendance and multidisciplinary representation tracking, prospective case presentation and meeting minutes.
· Performs monthly case finding to ensure all reportable cases are identified.
· Conducts monthly follow-up and updates all current follow-up information on all eligible analytic cases in the Cancer Registry database, including treatment data, recurrence information, physicians and date of last contact.
· Coordinates activities related to FHW Cancer Committee, including, but not limited to, establishing meeting calendar, agenda preparation, physician attendance and multidisciplinary representation tracking, and meeting minutes distribution.
· Provides NCDB statistical data to the Cancer Liaison Physician (CLP) for reporting to the Cancer Committee.
· Coordinates with the Cancer Registry Quality Coordinator in the implementation of the Cancer Registry Quality Control Plan, including, but not limited to, case finding, abstract timeliness, data accuracy, complete/accurate American Joint Committee on Cancer (AJCC) staging by managing physician, College of American Pathology (CAP) protocol compliance, and NCDB data submission, error correction and re-submission.
· Coordinates with the Quality Improvement Coordinator to measure, monitor and report results of the annual quality improvement goals defined by the Cancer Committee.
· Coordinates with the Cancer Conference Coordinator to monitor the format, frequency, multidisciplinary attendance, and prospective case presentation of the Cancer Conference for presentation at Cancer Committee meeting.
· Updates the Survey Application Record (SAR) to document that cancer program activity demonstrates compliance with CoC Standards and Eligibility Requirements.
· Coordinates all Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) practices within the Cancer Registry, including training and monitoring of abstraction activities; provides Director feedback for CTR annual evaluations.
· Assists in the publication of the Cancer Institute Annual Report.
· Completes required FCDS audits, including, but not limited to, the FCDS/Agency for Health Care Administration (ACHA) case finding audit and the FCDS/Death Clearance audit.
· Maintains Cancer Registry policies and procedures.
· Maintains required log files and records.
· Coordinates auxilian practices within the Cancer Registry, including training and evaluation.
· Demonstrates teamwork approach by assisting coworkers in expediting processes to ensure efficient & effective workflow in the delivery of quality care.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for all other duties and duty assignments requested within scope of practice
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Fluent in the English language
· Medical Terminology
· Experience/knowledge of computer use, including MS-Office Suite
· Effective communication skills
· Ability to interpret and provide limited statistical reviews of cancer registry data
· Able to work in a self-directed environment, with an ability to work with teams
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Associate Degree or equivalent.
· Minimum three (3) years’ experience in hospital or centralized cancer registry.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· NCRA-Accredited Associate Degree.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.