Adventist Health System Behavioral Health Technician FT Days in Burleson, Texas
Texas Health Huguley Hospital Fort Worth South
Operated as a joint venture between Texas Health Resources and Adventist Health System, we believe that total health is achieved through a balance of physical, mental, social and spiritual well-being. With each patient’s unique circumstances in mind, our multi-disciplinary care teams provide a vast array of services, combining state-of-the-art technology with a personal commitment to creating an exceptional patient experience.
Our team members also enjoy outstanding care in the form of comprehensive health benefits, a friendly, faith-based work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. In addition to earning the Gallup Great Workplace Award six years in a row, we were also recognized as one of “150 Great Places to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review.
Our 224-bed hospital includes a medical ICU, cardiovascular ICU, PCU, open heart surgery center and behavioral health. In addition, we have accredited programs in orthopedics, chest pain, and inpatient diabetes, plus an award-winning emergency department.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Assists in the delivery of patient care as a team member by performing specific patient care tasks as directed by the RN in charge.
· Assists with admission of patient by obtaining vital sign (TPR, BP and weight) and recording in admission data base within 30 minutes of patient's arrival to room.
· Checks luggage and belongings on admission or return from pass and initiates appropriate disposition of contraband keeping accurate record of personal belongings with no reported loss of valuables.
· Monitors and documents patient's food and fluid intake.
· Collects, prepares, labels and delivers specimens to lab according to policy.
· Escorts patients during admission, transfer, discharge, and outside activity.
· Participates in recreational and exercise groups on unit.
· Monitors patient's bathing, assisting if necessary.
· Assists patients with personal laundry if needed.
· Monitors and records patient's sleep patterns, reporting pertinent observations to case manager.
· Makes patient rounds according to policy and at direction of treatment team.
· Assists in maintaining suicide/elopement precautions through appropriate observation, documentation and reporting to charge nurse.
· Assists with patient, room or unit searches as requested by charge nurse.
· Attends and participates in all therapeutic groups, community meetings and activities as assigned.
· Assists with planning and participates in therapeutic activities.
· Assists with orientation of patient and families to unit.
· Maintains patient limits or restrictions as directed by the charge nurse.
· Assists with the continuity of patient care through harmonious working relationships with other nursing and hospital personnel and through appropriate interfacing with patient, family, visitors and physicians.
· Reports special care needs to charge nurse for integration into the patient's care plan throughout the shift.
· Reports complaints and unusual conditions to charge nurse within 15 minutes (immediately if suspect life-threatening), to promote patients well-being and facilitate care.
· Greets family, visitors and other hospital personnel courteously, providing information and/or directions to appropriate place or person.
· Converses with patient and family during care to convey personalized care and concern.
· Demonstrates self-motivation by using unassigned time to perform duties that contribute to the smooth functioning of the unit.
· Maintains security of all areas by keeping appropriate doors locked and monitoring human traffic in and out of unit.
· Associate remains flexible to changing systems, is expected to demonstrated quality and effectiveness in work habits and treat staff, physicians, patients and families with consideration and respect.
· Understands the Computerized Physician Order entry process and proficiently uses the electronic medical record for retrieval of patient information.
· Understands computer downtime procedures.
· Performs all duties relating to Real Time Scanning accurately and efficiently.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- CPR certified from the American Heart Association.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Some college preferred.
Minimum 1 year in inpatient acute psychiatric setting preferred.
NCPI trained (on job training, while in orientation status).
Phlebotomy skills preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.